I have run into people who think that we home inspectors are too negative -- glass half empty types. To counteract that belief, I thought I would do something to the contrary. I have posted here a photo of a roof. Now, there are inspectors who would think that this was a photo with only negatives. It seems to me that, if you look at it another way, there are some real positives here. Feel free to add anything you think I missed as we try to put a positive spin on this matter.
1. The moss is really healthy and a pretty green
2. The moss is so thick that, at this point, it might actually be keeping the rain out
3. Not everybody can grow moss that is this nice
4. Moss is organic and fits with green building
5. The house might be more affordable because of the moss
6. Someone might gain employment by removing the moss and re-roofing
Thanks for stopping by.
Steven L. Smith
Bellingham WA home inspector